1. Create detailed 3D models of hardware components.
2. Analyze component designs to ensure mechanical and functional viability.
3. Document and maintain component design data.
4. Generate documentation, as required, to support the design, verification, and/or certification of completed product design including, but not limited to, product design specifications, test specifications and reports, operating manuals and user guides, and RTCA/DO-160 along with other applicable Civil Aviation Airworthiness and industry requirements.
5. Ensure hardware components meet industry codes and regulations
6. Assist with material specification and selection for hardware components.
7. Assist in component testing activities to ensure adequate component mortality rates.
8. Interface with internal and external personnel including, but not limited to customers, FAA and similar governing agencies, component vendor engineering representatives and support personnel, production and quality control/assurance personnel, and external contractors.
9. Specify materials for detail parts based on the structural and environmental requirements
10. Analyze aircraft structural installation designs created by external contractors to ensure the design meets specifications and regulatory codes.
11. Independently or in conjunction with other personnel, participate in the design of electronic circuitry utilized in developing products.
12. Provide corrective action, troubleshooting, and analysis for product performance and end-of-life components.
13. Recommend design approaches for new or improved products and processes.
14. Assist with specification and design of test equipment to be used in the production environment as part of the manufacturing process.
This position has no direct reports and does not supervise any other personnel.